Motorsports Marketing Points to Consider
- Motorsports can be a complete tool of advertising, selling,
promotion, and public relations.
- Motorsports is the number one spectator sport in the United States.
- A research project by Nordhaus Research (Southfield, MI) polled 47
million fans of racing, 38% of whom say they make an effort to buy products and services
from companies involved in auto racing.
- The Coca-Cola 600 is the second largest sporting event in the United
- Motorsports is simply another advertising medium, another tool at
- Many teams attend more than one racing event per week, which
leverages your exposure.
- Spectators at the local tracks tend to be the same people week after
week, boosting frequency.
- Think of your car as a tool to be used any place you want to reach
people; its use goes far beyond the people who watch racing.
- Racing will position you in people's minds alongside some of the
major, ultra-successful, business savvy companies that have made racing a respectable
place to be. It will not brand your company as irresponsible.
- Motorsports gets your name/logo/colors in front of consumers.
- Fans relate to race cars, and follow them closely, thus following
your product also.
- Short tracks represent more than 80% of racing's annual attendance.
Source - National Speed Sport News
© 1996 The Carolinas Partnership